Saturday, 1 April 2017

Children's books

What did I read?
 I was thinking last night, as I lay half asleep, I can't recall the titles of any books I read in my youth. I was quick to learn how to read, but I can't recall titles of what I read. I have better fortunes with what I didn't get to read but wanted to.

  How things have changed over the years,most children these days will tell you they read either Harry PotterTwilight, or the Hunger Games - if not all of them,


The first book I recall reading is https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-silver-sword/ian-serraillier/9780099572855  . This is the moving story of three children attempting to find their family after World War 2.

  The title refers to a family heirloom the oldest boy carried in a box during the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment