Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Writing contests

In-house favouritism
People who know me will tell you that I don't enter writing contests as often as I used to. 

There are many reasons, the main reason being In-house favouritism, this is when an editor will look for writers they know, and ignore other writers who may be as good as their favourites.

Several years ago, I used to enter as many contests as I could through websites and magazines, to no avail other than running up huge costs.

The last contest I entered was over four years ago, and while I did beat my harshest critic, in the end, she won. The reason is she hacked the contest to force me out of the top three, with that done, I lost my opportunity for a contract. 

With this in mind, the decision to enter this contest https://nextgreathorrorwriter.wordpress.com/ was perplexing as I made a rep for writing Horror stories on Draft2Digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment