Thursday, 9 February 2017

Don't hold your breath

The time has come to bow out

I rarely give news of upcoming events in my life because I usually end up looking foolish when they fail. 

In this case, I will make an exception because the outcome won't be known other than to me, the people concerned and a few close friends.

By the end of the month, I will know if my stories have been accepted for three anthologies.
  Bill Adler, the man running bingewatchingcure.com/ has said he'd pay $200 for a 2,000-word story; as this is way over the usual asking price, I doubt the sincerity of the proposal.
 
The most likely venue for my work is the online magazine  www.themeofabsence.com/ whose owner has said he'd pay $1 for a 1,000-word story - a fee I waived - to help maintain the site.

horroraddicts.wordpress.com/the-next-great-horror-writer-contest/  is the least likely of the three to accept me because they are running a contest, and the top prize is a book contract, with smaller prizes involving short story contracts. 

Barring a miracle, this will be my final month as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment