Saturday, 21 January 2017

A Bible reading

Charity comes from the heart, not the wallet






I am trying to run a GoFundMe campaign  http://alsdomain.weebly.com/life-as-an-indie-ghostwriter/fund-raising-for-charity, and a Biblical passage came to mind about a poor man giving a few shekels he couldn't afford secretly, while the rich man gave a big show about donating the little he gave.
This is pertinent to me because as an independent writer, I don't make enough to donate to charity, but I write for charity. 
Recently, I contacted several large pro-Israel organizations in the USA with the (small) hope they may spare a few dollars for my cause, but I doubt they will; I found out years ago that people with a lot will tell you all about their money, but won't help the little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment