Thursday, 27 October 2016

Masada

Spiritual release
Masada means many things to many people; depending if you think the people in the fight against Rome were martyrs or maniacs. 

This line of thought prompted me to write my first blog for The Times of Israel; if it doesn't get published here is my post. 


For as long as I have had an interest in Jewish history, I’ve wanted to visit Masada. The story of the final holdout against the Romans intrigues me. 
The fort is a bone of contention for Jews; some see it as a measure of the lengths people will go to uphold their identity, while others see the fort as a reminder of how stubborn people can be and the end results it can bring.
For my part, I can see both views have their merits. My interest was primarily in the military history of the site but as I am a writer of the paranormal  Ghosts don’t dance – I don’t say ghost stories – my stories are more spiritual than scary, I’d be interested in visiting the site to see if there is any paranormal activity.  It is a fact; the stone is an excellent recorder of sound. Do you think the fort could hold within its walls the voices of the last souls who were there?

As a writer, I would love to visit the fort to get the feel of the surroundings and write a story called “The Ghosts of Masada,” but I know it is only a dream, my disability makes travel almost impossible these days.

This thought pattern then produced this line of thinking - Do you believe in an afterlife?

No comments:

Post a Comment