Thursday, 20 October 2016

Honesty

Integrity
Does integrity exist in the world we live in today, and if it does, does it matter anymore? 

A question I used to ask is Can I live with myself? The question arose when I was asked to promote items I'd never used. For a long time, I refused to get involved with false promotions because I thought they could damage my rep as a writer - if the truth came out - then I realised it didn't matter as my rep didn't mean as much as I thought it did. 

Another question was how I could accept the payment for such work? After all, I was lying and being paid for the lies. In this world of piracy of writer's work, the moral dilemmas kept piling up on me.

One day, I decided - to hell with it - if I can make more money writing lies in one article - than I do in several months of honest writing, to hell with integrity and I WILL chase the dollar. 

A lot of people I know keep telling me I am a good writer; others will say they regard me as a best-seller. All I can say is that being a best seller means squat to me - I make less than $1 a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment