Thursday, 1 September 2016

Scotland's Angela Merkel

Nicola Sturgeon

The comparison between Nicola Sturgeon and Angela Merkel is not without its merits.

Ms. Sturgeon's demands of  Scottish Independence have not only made her and her party, the SNP a running joke across Europe; the policies she advocates have angered even hard line SNP members.

The Scottish Finance Minister has said, the idea of the Scottish Pound is ludicrous - I can agree with him - when I was stationed in Scotland, I thought nothing of using the Scottish notes, until I got questioned about them in a shop in Bristol when I was on leave.

The IMF said last week that Independence would mean Scotland would be bankrupt in three years time. This statement is borne out by the news that the UK government made a 1% tax cut last, and the Scottish Parliament made a 7% tax cut, but nobody knows where the money went.

No comments:

Post a Comment