Friday, 25 December 2015

Christmas 2008

Our one Christmas
Christmas with Faye
Although I was never able to grant my lovely friend Faye's wish of spending  #Christmas with her.

We did have one Christmas together - online - the Christmas of 2008, when I house sat for a friend in #Fakenham, in #Norfolk. I was house sitting for my friend while she and her boyfriend visited his parents in #Stoke-on-Trent. As well as housesitting, I was being a cat minder for her three lovely cats. I'd visited my friend once before, so we knew the cats and I would get on well.

For reasons I won't go into, the trip was not pleasant and almost ended our friendship of several years. The events were not the fault of my friend.

The Christmas Faye and I shared came only months after our first online chat, by the following Christmas Faye had passed away. Christmas 2008 was one of the best Christmases I had, it was fun cooking a garlic turkey and chatting to Faye while I waited for my dinner, and it had the added joy of being peaceful. 

The following Christmas I was invited to housesit again, but owing to a hard snowfall in my friend's area I had to cancel the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment