Wednesday, 2 December 2015

300 readers

My creditability 
Some of my readers may question yesterday's decision  http://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/the-tabloid-world.html#.Vl7QilXhDnA to turn down a possibly lucrative writing opportunity if you read this article all will become clear to you. 

300 readers
On a good day this blog can attract over 300 readers, in part I recognise this is because it's free but I would like to think you read it because I keep the content varied and not trashy. If you want celebrity gossip - I'm sure there are plenty of people writing it - not me. 

If I had chosen to write for Blasting News, all I would have been doing is pushing links for over news items on the site, this would not have enhanced either my work or my reputation as a serious writer. 

The older generation will recognise this phrase "I like to think of my style as Kolchak http://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/sartre-or-kolchak.html#.Vl7SrlXhDnA, not Dear Emily."

In short, I like to think I can entertain you with my variety, in order to do this I rarely put celebrity news on here, and I put links to other sites to add interest; by adding outside links you raise your visibility on the net. 

Financial loss
 On the down side, I may have lost an opportunity to make money - I don't think I have - the payment plan was worse than the articles I had published on Yahoo.com two years ago. At least on Yahoo I got paid £20 for having the article published. On BN, I would have to get over 1,000 readers to get $12, to put that in perspective I made more than that from my writing last year. I sold nearly 600 e-books and made over $120.



No comments:

Post a Comment