Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Charity at Christmas

The Peacock Writers

If you are a regular reader, you'll know I am a writer for the  #charity group http://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-peacock-writers.html#.VlRjoFXhDnA.

At this time of year, when most people's thoughts turn to what they may be getting for #Christmas, I ask you to think of those people, for whom the day is just the same as any other day. A day of struggling to pay a bill that gives you the choice between eating or heating. 

My guilty secret
 Not many years ago, my family were the recipients of a charity gift from our local school. At the time, we were going through hardship and I couldn't pay the bills. I thought it was going to be the worst Christmas I could recall. I was in tears thinking of how I let my family down, then from out-of-nowhere, a gift basket arrived and we had food and drink for Christmas. I still cry when I think of the kindness I was shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment