Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Never to see the light

A story that dies with me

Over the years, I have written many stories - at the last count more than 300 - of varying length. 

In that time, there have been only two stories that didn't get published for general reading.

The first was a story I wrote as a final farewell to my lovely friend Faye. This story is an allegoric love story showing the depths of our spiritual love, and how we'll always remain spiritual lovers. 

The story has no title and is longer than my award-winner Chronicles of Mark Johnson by at least 50%.  The reason I never published the love story isn't because I was ashamed of writing a love story. The reason is the story is so deeply personal, I almost didn't finish it. The story almost caused me to have a mental breakdown it is so painful. 

The story was written over five years ago, even now I don't think I could edit it and I have no desire to put it for sale. 

The picture at the head is of Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada and I took the picture on our last night together (Nov 11th, 2009). The story is the first part of a two-part story, the other section is called Glacier of Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment