Friday, 30 October 2015

I'm not only about me

A larger view of my work
The Peacock Writers
 If you're a regular reader of my blogs, you'll have noticed that my blogs are not only for my stories. I write for the children's charity group - The Peacock Writers - and try to post links to our books, as we're a charity group none of the writers, designers and artists involved in the books see any income from sales.

indiePENdents.org
 indiePENdents.org is a non-profit making organization that helps promote the work of #indieauthors. The head offices are in New York, one of the people in charge is my close friend, Julia Petrakis - whose help is invaluable to me - and to my shame, I'll never be able to repay her kindness. I sometimes get asked to write for this group of writers http://indiependents.org/, more often than not, in the role of a product evaluator. 

Israel 

My e-book sales money is being sent to help #charity in Israel. I will be getting items from sites to help combat BDS. I would give more but I can only do so much on my own.

IndiesInAction
IIA was put into action after the Sandy Hook Massacre by a selection of #indie writers. Our aim was to help the people who were left to suffer after the massacre. The group published a book, and an e-book called Angels Cried. I was asked to contribute to another project, but I declined due to internal disputes over tactics used to promote(?) our book.

A US exclusive anthology
In 2011, I had work published in an anthology by Indie Book Lounge, the two stories published (The Ghost of St. Mary's & The Rocking Lantern) were my earliest ghost stories - Lantern impressed the editor very much. The book is called Short Story Anthology, and I rarely mention this book because it took me over two years to track it down after the publishers stopped contact when I asked for copies for some of my friends.


Better versions of these two stories are available from my pages on Barnes & Noble and Draft2Digital.


No comments:

Post a Comment