Friday, 31 July 2015

6 years ago

Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada

I'll always miss you, Faye


Today is the 6th anniversary of the day I met a wonderful lady, who came to mean a lot to me - and still does - not a day goes by when I don't consider what might have happened if Faye hadn't died in the winter of 2009. 

 At the time I was considering emigrating, and was in the process of applying for a job in Lac La Biche - our nearest town. I was considering doing a sideline in home-made compost bins using palettes from the shops, and old rope.

The picture on the cover of my e-book Nerja is one I took, on our last night together (11th Novemember, 2009). I did start to write a loving memorial to a lady I loved very much, but the story although fiction was too close to home, and I almost had a breakdown writing it. I did finish the story - in an unedited form - it won't be coming out.
The sequel to Nerja is a short story set in the nearby Yellowknife oil fields called Glacier of Death. I was going to write another story set in Alberta, but as GoD didn't sell, I changed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment