Monday, 13 April 2015

A changed perspective


New York Times

 When I started to think about writing stories which other people may read, reading about New York Times best sellers was a spur for me. I never wanted to reach those heights, but a little recognition for my work was a nice thought, and that thought kept me going through all the hard times, set backs, and put downs I endured. 

Over time, the constant reading of other people's successes became a thorn I had to live with as my work failed to sell; on many occasions - even now - with the success of Forgestriker, I need to fight my demons. 

 As a member of http://thebooktrap.weebly.com/book-directory.html I would like to tell my friends of my daily sales. I recall how depressing it was to have such information forced on you, when you are struggling. So, I stopped doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment