Friday, 7 February 2014

Time to be nervous

I am not one to blow my own trumpet usually -- I view self praise cheaply -- but my story "Silence of the Mind," is now entering the final week of the big Sci-Fi contest in Toronto  http://friendsmerrilcontest.com/ .



I would be foolish to say the prospect of financial gain didn't vector in my thoughts. However, the main reason for entering is the chance to get a story included in the largest on line library of Sci-Fi in the Americas.

Also, even if I only get in the top six -- a great achievement on its merit -- my story will be included in an exclusive anthology, the only other copy outside of the top six going to the library.

And for the first time in three years, with the help of my editor and good friend, Julia, I think I may have a chance in the contest which ends next Friday.

No matter what happens beyond next week, the story will be included in my series http://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-indie-wars.html#.UvT5gmJ_vDM I have to decide where, that is one question I have to answer and the other is, will the series be worth writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment