Friday, 24 January 2014

Little known but true

About a year before I was offered the chance of a contract by Horny Devil Publishing, I was offered the chance to have Chronicles of Mark Johnson serialised on line by the Vancouver magazine Abandoned Towers. However, the person who was acting as my 'editor' at the time became jealous of my opportunity and instead of trying to help my work, they sat on it for three months and did nothing before sending it back and in my innocence, thinking they had done their part to help me I sent in shoddy work and got rejected.

At the same time, I was on LinkedIn and one man commented that the work sounded like the works of H.P. Lovecraft -- who I had not heard of at the time -- so, I sent a copy to the publishing house set up by his publisher, August Derleth.
 The house is run by his granddaughter these days but as I sent in shoddy work, there was no chance of a publication and as you only get one shot to make a good impression, even if my next work was worthy of Checkov or Pushkin my chance has gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment