Monday, 6 January 2014

Is there any point?

 I started the year with the hopes of a new outlook, but already the dreaded pattern is forming in the dark corridor which leads to nowhere but me saying "WHAT THE HELL!"

The long dark struggle to sell an e-book looms ahead and I keep thinking "Would anybody give a rat's arse if I didn't do another?"   And again, the same answer echoes in my mind "I am wasting my time trying to convince anybody to buy a book of mine," and how do I know this? Books I do not publish rise in the ratings, while mine sink to a new low each day and it's heart wrenching to think my new book is doomed to the same fate after a ten month writing project.

This new book is touted to win an award at indiePENdents.org -- not that winning helped Chronicles of Mark Johnson -- and another story is expected to do well in an on going Sci-Fi contest in Toronto.


 The original intent for the blog was to try and promote sales of books, but with less than 200 readers a day, I guess that idea sucks. In the past I helped others raise vast sales, but nobody gave me any help and now here I stand not making a dime a month, while they thrive off my promotional work.

 Being honest, the only reason for the blog's existence is to promote the charity work for Peacock Writers and my friend's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment