Monday, 16 December 2013

Make or break

Can a cover sell you a story, or will a cluttered cover turn you away?

I give you some examples from my selection.

First is my de'but Pat Canella, which has never sold on Amazon, but did sell in the a UK bookshop.

 The cover on the left is the original, which I won in the contest at the Merrill Collection, in Toronto; the cover on the left is the changed version which until a few weeks ago was the new cover.


                                              Chronicles of Mark Johnson-the award winner.
 The cover on the left is how the book looked at the time of the award, the cover on the left was designed by my friend Yezall in an attempt to boost sales-neither is the original cover though.

THE NEW AND THE OLD

 Again the cover on the left is the usual cover for "The Love of the Sea," and the one on the right is the one I made tonight. All cover choices whether titles or designs were made by me-even if the covers weren't-any bad choices for colouring is my fault.


 I decided to change this cover because I felt the image was better seen and gave a more ghostly effect to the story, unfortunately I couldn't find the one I was after, but this is a close second.


No comments:

Post a Comment