Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Sara Paratesky





Not what I would have expectedMarch 26, 2013
By A. W. Place "native reader" (Bristol ( UK))
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Ghost Country (Paperback)
I had previously read and enjoyed V.I. Warashawski stories by Ms. Paratesky, so I came to this book with an open mind. Editors usually judge a book on the first 10-15 pages, by this time you have to hook your reader. I gave this story 25 pages and was getting less interested by the line.
The story begins in a bathroom with a down and out diva recovering from some incident, it took 15 pages to find out what had happened, by which time my interest had failed to drive me to read more.
I agree with other reviewers, the story was very disjointed; at times it was hard to tell who was talking. Sentences were short and didn't flow. I will read V.I. Warshawski again but please take a wide berth of this, it is a waste of your time to try and get to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment