Thursday, 21 March 2013

Blog tours




 Last year I did a number of blog tours and came to the conclusion, the only people who benefit are the people who pay for them. Although I gained a few blog reads, they were not for my blog posts but for the postings about the other people. 

 To demonstrate my point here are some examples:- Six weeks ago I was asked to do a blog interview for a a site I used to be on, since then the site has posted numerous other interviews but no sign of mine; I guess I am not flavour of the month since leaving. Twice last year I helped promote 5 Prince writers and of the eight I promoted, only three thanked me. I also took part in "The Next Big Thing," which meant you had to link up with five friends and pass the word around to help people. 
  Gain for me:- NOTHING

  The bottom line here reads, I won't do any more. This year, I am doing more promoting for my books.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Alan! It's about time. Of course, that doesn't apply to me now does it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course not, Crystal. If you wanted a blog interview, you know I would do one for my friend :)

    ReplyDelete