Friday, 15 February 2013

"Look back in anger"


 On my travels around the webisphere, I come across all types of interesting articles. This will raise a laugh.
 On its opening night, all the EXPERTS said that "Look back in anger" would be a failure. At the time, the theatre who put it on were desperate for a hit after three disasters.

 I don't suppose John Osborne minded writing the failure that made him one of the top names in the business during the 70's. Another interesting thing, again we find the play/book that made the author was not liked by him/her.

 Perhaps as writers, we should stand aside and let the readers dictate what is popular. We are too close for an impartial judgement. One of my most popular stories "The Old Church Ghosts" is the only one of mine which I do not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment