Sunday, 17 February 2013

Inspiration corner


  I often get asked when doing blog interviews where do I get my ideas. Here is a short list of stories and their inspirational sources.

 The Love of the Sea:-
 The story idea came from of all things, a Helen Dunore ghost story called "The Greatcoat," I changed the RAF coat for an old fisherman's. The title is a play on words, one way it reads for the hero's love of the sea and life as a fisherman. The other way, it reads as the heroine's love of her man and his life on the sea.

Sex at the Mill:-
 Like the characters in this romantic story, the idea was formed by seeing a lady I considered very attractive at our physiotherapy department, from there my fantasy took over.

The Old Church Ghosts:-
 The original was an idea I had from knowing a little of the history of one of our churches in Clevedon. The new version is just a tale of horror I wrote from an added section showing what may happen.

 Chronicles:-
  The idea for the original idea came from watching "reality" shows, and the fact nobody ever thanks the camera crews.
  Book 2 was to cleanse my soul from a dark period, which is why it is scary and dark.

Pat Canella:-
 The original idea came from the idea of a name giving the wrong impression, the story format came from my like of the 1940's films.

The Word:-
  The influence to my deceased serial was easy to see for those who read it, my admiration for Ray Bradbury and a homage to one of his best known stories "Farenheit 451."

 From Mordhiem to Marienberg:-
 This collection of stories came from playing war games and realising there was an opening in the Warhammer market for this type of close combat story.

 Drakanarc:-
 This was an idea formed by a dream, one night I had the dream that became "DracoDreaming," from this idea I decided to do a selection of dragon stories, most people love dragons.

Cat's tails:-
 As a cat lover who is owned by my four. I decided it may be fun to write a selection of stories for everybody to enjoy on how I think they see us.

 Of course, these are only a few of the stories I have written about. If you wish to know more about my work, feel free to leave a comment and ask please.

No comments:

Post a Comment