Tuesday 15 January 2013

A New Dawn

                                          Will I see the day?

When I wrote the original of this post, a decade ago, I hoped by now I would be selling some ebooks on a semi-regular basis. I also had a wild concept that a publisher may offer me a contract, this did happen, the problem is the publisher wanted what I wasn't willing to write. They wanted me to write sex stories, I have no issue with that as I have written several on here; the problem was their remit was "Anything goes, but keep it legal," I used to write a series for a lady I had contact with in London, she was into violent sex and I found her needs were beyond what I could forsee me writing.  The more I wrote, the more blood she wanted to have in her story, and that caused me to query where it would end.

The publishers?
I spent months debating whether turning them down was the best choice, then a friend pointed out that if I was second-guessing my choice then it was probably the better choice.
I did check the site out a few years ago, and the term "The lights are on, but nobody is at home" tells you their story. The site is accessible to the front, but there are no links to go on. A friend of mine who took up the offer told me that she sold more on her own than via the site.

Here we are, a decade on, and still waiting; this time, hope has gone, and I accept I am writing for any readers of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment