Monday, 24 December 2012

For Yezall & Mike



 

At what should be a joyous time of the year, my heart is filled with the sadness of losses. Not only for the lives recklessly cut short with the recent shootings in Connecticut but on a more deeply personal base too. 


 Last night I learned that an old friend had died a few weeks ago, Chris was only a few months older than me, apparently he went to sleep one night and didn't wake up. What is equally scary, my mother told one of my girls that this is the fourth death this year of a person I knew from school.

  I now have a really close friend, whose husband is losing his battle with a rare cancer, so please when you enjoy your Christmas tomorrow, spare a few moments for those of us who are thinking of other things.

 For a long time, I have thought that a film that should be shown at this time of year is "The little matchstick girl," then children would realise how lucky they are.

1 comment:

  1. They have arrived back home and can enjoy a pleasant Christmas together now :)

    ReplyDelete