Saturday, 18 August 2012

A Godsend or a bane?


As a writer, I should be thankful that my mind is as active as it is and keeps coming up with new stories and story lines. It is always working hard to give me ideas to please the fans, that is my problem.

One the hand I am grateful that this happens, some writers suffer a block and can't think what to write. I always have a dearth of stories in my mind. But as the Americans say "We need some down time." That is the issue at hand, my mind has no "down time," even when sleeping it is thinking of ideas, to the extent that some nights I cannot sleep.

Wednesday night, I went to bed at 12:30 and was still wide awake at 3:00 am. Friday was the same, I went to bed at about 1:30 and was awake until 4:30. My problems are long standing and go back to my Royal Air Force days. I have trained myself to stay awake too well.

For years, I did this as a precaution to keep the dark realms of dark dreams away. Awake I can control to some extent my thoughts but asleep with the gates of imagination unlocked the mind is free to wander. That is what worried me, if you think I am exaggerating, with a warning to you. I suggest you read Chronicles book 2 (IF it comes out). Book 1 was the start and not too heavy but Book 2 took Mark Johnson to the dark areas of his psyche. It was so dark and foreboding, friends were worried about my mental state and it gave me bad dreams but it had to be written to form the basis for Book 3.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment