Friday, 11 May 2012

Richard III

Now is the winter of our discontent, 
Made glorious summer by this sun of York.

The often quoted first lines of Richard, Duke of Gloucester. Later to be Richard III on the accession of his brother Edward to the English throne. 

In some ways it could also depict on the last few months I have had.
From the winter of discontent in being told I would never write a story that would sell, to being told unless I had a degree, my views were worthless. Entering masses of contests to try and get noticed. All to no avail.

Now, I stand here with the chance of being recognised as a writer. Even though it is only small recognition. I have magazines in the US asking for my work, I will be getting published stories sold at Comicon, in Phoenix this month. Also one story will be getting published at Halloween by friends in two states.

Not too shabby for somebody who was told "You will never write a saleable story."

No comments:

Post a Comment