Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Writer's block

Today, with my mind in a whirl over an issue on another site. I am really suffering from Writer's block. With 'Chronicles' being asked for. And the chance of getting serialised in Canada. I do not need this right now.

However, it is not just 'Chronicles' that I feel unable to write, it is the writing. Usually, I just save and move to another story; today I am so out of synch I feel unable to write. This is worrying as I am already well behind schedule for my stories.

I feel I need to take a break, gather my thoughts and concentrate. Yet I know, with being behind schedule, I must fight the urge not to work. Have to get passed this somehow.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone is entitled to a day of rest, Al. I know of the issue you're struggling with and although I wasn't close to it (by my own choice) I can understand your pain. Sometimes you just need to take a few hours, if not a day, to straighten out your brain. I wish there was more advice I could lend. I'm sorry, my friend. Keep your head up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, thanks for the support. I know I may be better tomorrow ( I hope) at the moment, I had to step out of SW, as I felt the issue in question was becoming too intense. And was heading to becoming enveloping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let the actions or words of a few ruin the connections you've made with the good people there. I've had some issues with a few people on the site as well, but ultimately the connections I've made outweigh the bitter people I've encountered. Personally, I've enjoyed reading your input in the discussions. I hope that you've thought it through. I'll still keep up with your blog and I look forward to more... <3 :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lisa, it is always good to know some people like my comments, I know I can be out-spoken, to many it is a serious flaw. I just feel honest opinion is best.
    I know there are a lot of good people there, and being honest, I would miss a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete